If you are at Fault
If you are deemed to be more than 25% responsible for a crash where someone was injured and have paid your CTP premium (via your registration) you will be required to pay an excess.You will be required to complete an Accident Report Form and return it to Allianz.
On other hand, the CTP compensation paid to the injured person may be recovered from you if, for example you:
- drove an unregistered vehicle
- were under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- were speeding or driving dangerously
- intentionally cause injury
- drove a vehicle without the owner’s permission
- don’t hold a current driver’s licence
- drove an unroadworthy or overloaded vehicle.
The money recovered from you may include injury compensation and claims management costs. This can amount to many thousands of dollars.