Cyclists are vulnerable road users because they’re not surrounded by the protection of a vehicle. Cyclists are more susceptible to the possibility of serious injury or death in the event of a crash. In the interest of road safety, it’s important that all road users share the road safely.
The number of pedestrian fatalities declined from (5 fatalities) in 2016 to (2 fatalities) in 2017.
Serious injuries also saw a decline from (52 serious injuries) in 2016 to (43 serious injuries) in 2017.
- Avoid weaving in and out of parked cars.
- Use clear hand signals when making a turn.
- Make eye contact with motorists to gage if they’re aware of your presence.
- Set your front and rear bike lights to flash.
- Add extra lights on your helmet, clothing or backpack.
- Wear reflectors strips on your clothes and backpack.
Speed camera locations for Wednesday, 19 September 2018:
• Awoonga Road, Highbury
• Black Top Road, One Tree Hill
• Burton Road, Paralowie
• Commercial Road, Salisbury
• George Street, Norwood